So you have a lot of bookmarks... well I do too... But I found a simple trick that you can use to make that messy bookmarks bar look better, hold more bookmarks, and just be sexier....
The Chrome bookmark bar is a very useful tool. Instead of having to type in all your favorite websites every time you want to go to it, you can just simply create a bookmark of it. But what happens when your bookmark bar gets filled up? Some of your favorite bookmarks get shoved off to the side and then you have to click on the little arrow and go look for them.
So to fix that, here is a simple step by step.
Right-click any icon in your Bookmarks Bar, then click Edit.
Remove the text from the Name field, then click Save.
Presto! Now you've got just the favicon for that favorite.
Repeat the process for all the other icons in your Bookmarks Bar.
Keep in mind that because not every Web site has an easily identifiable favicon, you might not want to take this approach for each and every favorite.
For example, sites like Facebook, Ebay, and PC World have instantly recognizable favicons. But others are more vague, and if you have any bookmarklets, those are usually represented by nothing more than a gray globe -- and therefore shouldn't be shortened.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades